[PORT] SKOS Core 2nd review: seeAlsoTranslations-4

re: change proposal seeAlsoTranslations-4 [1]

N.B. I suggest the following statements to be added to named resources ...

<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core>
{
  <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core>
    rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_de> .
  <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core>
    rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_fr> .
}

<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_de>
{
  <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_de>
    dc:description 'SKOS Core Vocabulary labels, comments and definitions in German.'@en;
    dc:creator 'Thomas Bandholtz';
    dc:contributor 'Alistair Miles';
    dct:modified '2005-09-29';
    rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core> .
}

<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_fr>
{
  <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_fr>
    dc:description 'SKOS Core Vocabulary labels, comments and definitions in French.'@en;
    dc:creator 'Bernard Vatant';
    dc:contributor 'Alistair Miles';
    dct:modified '2005-09-29';
    rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core> .
}

Mark had no objections to this proposal [2].

Ralph had no objections to this proposal [3].

Responding to Ralph's comments:

> I like the clever use of xml:base, however this usage brings
> a need to take extra care in, for example, citing a modification
> date for the translation.  I suggest that each translation include
> a triple such as
>
>   <rdf:Description
> rdf:about="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes
/2005Jul/att-0036/core_de.rdf">
>      <dct:modified>2005-07-11</dct:modified>
>   </rdf:Description>
>
> (i.e. use the full URI of the variant in the subject,
> overriding the xml:base)

Yep, see above.

> The German translation [14] has triples that are untranslated from
> the primary namespace document and should be removed (e.g.
> dc:creator, dc:contributor) and some that are duplicate
> (foaf:homepage).  Those should be removed from that variant.

I actually stripped all duplicate triples from the translated resources before uploading them to W3C webspace.  So [4] and [5] (and [6] and [7]) should have no triples duplicating what's in [8].

Btw, do you think we could stretch our change management process to include dutch [6] and portuguese [7] translations in this change, which were received shortly after this proposal was frozen? :)

Another question I have, especially for Ralph: I generated different language versions of the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification to see what they would look like, see:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/2005-08-25/Overview_fr
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/2005-08-25/Overview_de
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/2005-08-25/Overview_nl
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/2005-08-25/Overview_pt

Can these alternative versions of the SKOS Core vocabulary Spec become part of the Working Draft set that we publish, or should the alternative language versions of the Spec remain editor's drafts, given that we haven't been able to review the goodness of the translations (I can't because I can't speak any other languages, shame on me)?

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/review-2#seeAlsoTranslations-4
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2005Aug/0000.html