RE: [VM] Telecon on Tuesday, 27 September

Preliminary questions for the telecon from someone who's been quite off the debate lately.
First I must say I've not yet recovered from the httpRange-14 resolution shock ... the
kind of answer which makes me feel like I do not understand the question any more. But
since everybody seems to have to live with that from now on, is a vocabulary manager
supposed to master all subtleties of http protocol, GET, response code, redirect and the
like necessary to understand this resolution?

>From the viewpoint of one who does not care about process details, does Alistair's
proposal means something different from the following?

When I put in my browser
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#Concept
I will get what I currently get at
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec/#Concept
instead of the current page of RDF code where the ressource is somewhere formally defined
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core

In this case, what is the difference with Published Subjects, e.g.
http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/#fra
which retrieves an human-readable resource, instead of the formal definition contained
somewhere in e.g.
http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/639-core.rdf

Or
http://www.mondeca.com/system/publishing#Document
which is formally defined in
http://www.mondeca.com/system/publishing.rdf

Sorry if this sounds too much naive, or missing the point altogether.

Bernard