Re: [RDFTM] Formalism to describe mapping rules

Valentina wrote on 09/23/2005 12:18:07 PM:
> the RDFTM Task Force has the need to decide which formalism, if any,
> to use in order to describe the mapping rules that represent the most
> important piece of the guidelines.
> Lars Garshol's proposal is to use the Q model [1]. Even if I'm fine
> to the use of Q, I think we should first take in consideration the
> use of RDFS, OWl and Topic Maps profiles defined in ODM.
> I would be grateful to anyone who wants to give us feedback about the
> use of these two formalisms.

FYI, the topic maps profiles for ODM were done by Bob Colomb, not by any
current member of SWBP.  In our last discussion about it, Evan, Elisa, and
I all expressed ignorance about that part of the ODM, so I'm not sure you
will get very much good feedback here.

Personally, I would prefer sticking to standards as much as possible, thus
I would choose something like ODM over the Q model, even without knowing
ANY technical details about them, simply because one is (at least part of)
a standard and the other isn't.

Actually, it would make a lot of sense for someone from the TM task force
to look at the ODM for topic maps, as my impression is that there has not
been a lot of feedback on it.

-Chris