ALL: Introduction Raphael Troncy (CWI)

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:11:32 +0200
To: SWBP W3C Group <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hello all,
I am RaphaŽl Troncy and I have just joined the INS2 team of the CWI, the
Dutch national research center on computer science and mathematics,
Amsterdam. I have a background in document engineering and Semantic Web
and I have tried to reconcile these 2 worlds for describing and
retrieving audio-visual content during my PhD Thesis [1]. I'm
particularly interested in the "Multimedia and Semantic Web" task force
of this group.
I will replace Frank Nack for the teleconference today, with its
permission.
Sincerely.

    RaphaŽl Troncy

[1] RaphaŽl Troncy - Formalization of Documentary Knowledge and
Conceptual Knowledge With Ontologies: Applying to The Description of
Audio-visual Documents.
PhD thesis, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France, 5 March 2004.
ftp://ftp.inrialpes.fr/pub/exmo/theses/these-troncy.pdf

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093