Re: [MM] Next MM TF Teleconference

Dear all,

Some extra info about the agenda for today's MMTF teleconf, feel free to
suggest additional changes.

1. Admin: I'm at the usual irc channel, irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #MMTF
   CVS access: all draft editors and use case editors: please send your
public ssh key to Ralph or to me ASAP.
   General policy: please stick to the current styles and make sure your
documents are valid.
   See http://www.w3.org/Project/CVSdoc/

2. Overall structure.  I think we now have a workable structure that I
would like to keep and discuss at the f2f.

We have http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
that can be published as a first public working draft after the WG
approves it.  I think the content (once we finished it up), should be
quite stable so this document should remain useful without updating once
it is published as a WG Note.

The draft refers to three Working Group pages, giving an overview of
related Vocabularies, Tools and other Resources.  These pages are link
to from the draft, but also from all MM TF pages.  These pages are
intended as living documents, that get updated frequently to add new
material when relevant.  (they are not versioned like documents in TR
space).  CWI has resources (in the context of the European NoE
"K-Space") to maintain these pages for at least the next 4 years, so CWI
is willing to commit to the active maintenance of these pages.

Finally, the draft refers to a number of use-case solutions.  I'm not
sure if these should remain separate pages, or should become an integral
part of the main draft.  I think they are sufficiently small to be
included in the main doc,
but this makes it harder to update them later.  We could  discuss this
at today's teleconf and/or at the f2f.

3.
We've put the structure of the interop document on the agenda of the
f2f.  Do we really want to discuss this?
I think we need all the time discussing the first deliverable, and have
no time to work on a sufficiently mature structure for the second
deliverable,  so I  propose to skip this from the f2f agenda.

4. Use cases:
I have now collected 4 described use cases:

   1. Use Case: Managment of Personal Digital Photo Collections
   2. Use Case: Cultural Heritage
   3. Use case: Television News Archive
   4. Use Case: Large Scale Image Repositories

We need to decide what to do with the missing once.  I think the
news/IPTC one is important but can be postponed till after the f2f.  De
should discuss the others

5: Finishing up the details
If we have time left, I think we need to go through the document section
by section and discuss what needs to be done before we makea version for
the reviewers.

See you in half an hour,

Jacco