"Time Ontology in OWL" and "Time Zone Resource in OWL"

From: John McClure <jmcclure@hypergrove.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:52:33 -0700
To: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Hello,
Legal XHTML is preparing an ontology for legal documents which, of course,
includes calendaring and timezone information . This ontology implements an
n-ary type of design pattern such as your WG has proposed, believing that that
pattern is a good solution for the relative unconventionality of predicates such
as <hasName>, <hasDate>, and others of that ilk. Rather, Legal XHTML defines
predicate verbs such as <has>, <willHave>, and others, leading we think towards
a more intuitive, more useful, and more historically consistent form of coding,
to wit (from Calendar2005.rdf, located in the zip file):

<GregorianYear rdf:ID='&legalxhtml;Y2005'>
   <has rdf:parseType='Collection'>
         <Quarter1 rdf:about='&legalxhtml;Q20051'/>
         <Quarter2 rdf:about='&legalxhtml;Q20052'/>
         <Quarter3 rdf:about='&legalxhtml;Q20053'/>
         <Quarter4 rdf:about='&legalxhtml;Q20054'/>
   </has>
</GregorianYear>

My hope is that this information is helpful towards drafting a best statement.
I'd be happy to answer any questions about this material here or offline.
Thanks,
John McClure