[MM] Space ontologies conversion to RDFS...

From: Christian Halaschek-Wiener <halasche@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:59:45 -0400
To: Nikolaos Simou <nsimou@image.ece.ntua.gr>
Cc: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>, Giorgos Stamou <gstam@softlab.ntua.gr>, John R Smith <jsmith@us.ibm.com>, raphael.troncy@isti.cnr.it, "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, swbp <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>, Jane Hunter <jane@dstc.edu.au>
Hi Nikolaos,
   I have converted the OWL space related ontologies to RDFS, as we
discussed in the last telecon. You can find them at:

http://semspace.mindswap.org/2004/ontologies/System-ont.rdfs
http://semspace.mindswap.org/2004/ontologies/ShuttleMission-ont.rdfs

Let me know if there is a problem.

Jacco, here are some of related publications I have on image
annotation on the Semantic Web. Hope they help...

Addis, M., Boniface, M., Goodall, S., Grimwood, P., Kim, S., Lewis,
P., Martinez, K. and Stevenson, A. SCULPTEUR: Towards a New Paradigm
for Multimedia Museum Information Handling. In Proceedings of the
Second International Semantic Web Conference (2003) 582 -596

Brickley, D. RDF for Self-Describing Images. http://www.tasi.ac.uk/
2000/09/rdfmeta/ (2001)

Dupplaw, D., Dasmahapatra, S., Hu, B., Lewis, P., and Shadbolt, N.
Multimedia Distributed Knowledge Management in MIAKT.  ISWC 2004
Workshop on Knowledge Markup and Semantic Annotation.  Hiroshima,
Japan, November 2004

Hollink, L., Nguyen, G., Schreiber, G., Wielemaker J., Wielinga. B.,
and Worring, M. Adding Spatial Semantics to Image Annotation. In
Proceedings of Third International Semantic Web Conference -
Knowledge Markup and Semantic Annotation Workshop (2004) [Hollink04]

Hollink, L., Schreiber, G., Wielemaker J., and Wielinga. B. Semantic
Annotation of Image Collections. In Proceedings of Knowledge Capture
- Knowledge Markup and Semantic Annotation Workshop (2003) [Hollink]

Hunter, J., Zhan, Z. An Indexing and Querying System for Online
Images Based on the PNG Format and Embedded Metadata. In Proceedings
of ARLIS/ANZ Conference (1999)

Lafon, Y., and Bos, B. Describing and Retrieving Photos Using RDF and
HTTP. W3C Note available at: http://www.w3.org/TR/photo-rdf/ (2002)

Schreiber, G., Dubbeldam, B., Wielemaker, J., and Wielinga, B.
Ontology-Based Photo Annotation. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 16(3)
(2001) 66-74.

Bloehdorn, S., Petridis, K., Saathoff, C., Simou, N., Tzouvaras, V.,
Avrithis, Y., Handschuh, S., Kompatsiaris, I., Staab, S., and
Strintzis, M. G.: "Semantic Annotation of Images and Videos for
Multimedia Analysis", Proc. 2nd European Semantic Web Conference,
ESWC 2005, Heraklion, Greece, May 2005.

Cheers,
Chris

--