W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > October 2005

[ALL/MM] meeting record: 2005-10-12 SWBPD / MM TF Telecon

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:29:00 +0200
Message-ID: <434D8E2C.A8D10E0A@cwi.nl>
To: SWBP W3C Group <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

SWBPD list,
Please find the minutes from todays' SWBPD MM TF telecon [1], in plain
text below.

    RaphaŽl

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0089.html

-------------

SemWeb Best Practices and Deployment WG, MultiMedia TF Teleconference

12 Oct 2005

   [2] Agenda

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0093.html

Attendees

   Present
          Giorgos Stamou, Jacco van Ossenbruggen, Raphael Troncy,
          Chris Halaschek-Wiener, Jeff Pan, Vassilis Tzouvaras,
          Nikolaous Simou,

   Chair
          Jacco

   Scribe
          Raphael

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Use cases
         2. Templates of use cases solutions
         3. General introduction
         4. Tools categorization
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________________

1.
Jacco: received the use case from Chris (NASA context) + use case from
Giorgos (Personal digital photo collection)
Jacco: should rephrase the Media Production Services
Raphael: add a use case about the huge banks of photos from journalist,
Associated Press, Reuters, etc ...

2)
Giorgos: not exactly solutions to the use cases since they are quite
complex
Giorgos: rather provide hints of how to use the tools and the
vocabularies for solving the problem
All: the goal is NOT to critize the tools
Jacco: several problems to solve when annotating multimedia content
    a) how to localize some parts of target media content
    b) how to characterize the annotation link between the annotation
and the media (distinction between work and representation, ŗ la VRA)
    c) how to distinguish the domain specific part and the multimedia
part of the annotation => different ontologies
    d) which annotation tools should be used for which purpose
Jacco: lets start with this template for solving the use cases

3)
Jeff: before the use cases, an introduction should give some background
on the vocabulary
Jacco: the vocabulary section is in fact RDF/OWL vocabulary or
ontologies
Chris: introduction should be extended
Jeff: propose to include some background on Multimedia and Semantic Web
in the introduction before jump into the technical details
Jacco: all agree, the introduction should better introduce the context
and the goal of the note
Jacco: I think the contribution of Vassilis is enough high level to be
in the introduction
Vassilis: the domain-specific ontology is usually designed from a
multimedia perspective
Vassilis: made for instance for assisting the automatic visual detection

Jacco: rephrase the contribution of Vassilis and wait for the comments
of Vassilis
Jacco: rewrite the introduction for introducing the goal and the terms
of the note
Jeff: put a Semantic Web basics sub-section, a Multimedia sub-section
inside the introduction

4)
Contribution of Nikolaos
Jacco: add another criteria: usage of these tools
Nikolaos: I propose to create examples from the use cases for testing
the tools
Girogos: aggrement on a common photo collection ?
Jacco: establish links with ITPC
Jacco: check with the W3C staff in which extent it is possible to
establish links between the notes and external resources
All: take care with the copyright issues
Giorgos: timeline and scheduling ... next wednesday, the next telecon
All actions are due to next monday
Nikolaos: mail to the list which tools will be include in the tests ...
All: authors of use cases should send by today a collection of images to
Nikolaos

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Giorgos will organize the next telecon, scheduled for
next Wednesday
    [NEW] ACTION: Jacco will rephrase the general introduction, taking
into account the contribution of Vassilis and the suggestions of Jeff
    [NEW] ACTION: Giorgos will rephrase slightly the Media Production
use case (to be a little bit more specific)
    [NEW] ACTION: ALL: authors of use cases should send by Thursday
collection of photos to Niikolaos
    [NEW] ACTION: ALL: authors of use cases should sketch a solution to
the use cases by Monday, using the template accepted in the telecon
    [NEW] ACTION: Nikolaos will test the various tools referenced in the
relevant section of the note
    [NEW] ACTION: Raphael complete the multimedia ontologies collection
with a relevant example

    [NEW] ACTION: who takes care of the AP/Reuters/Journalist photo bank
use case ?

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/ins2/
Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2005 22:29:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:44 UTC