W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > October 2005

Re: [ALL/MM] meeting record: 2005-10-05 SWBPD / MM TF Telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:53:56 +0100
Message-ID: <43452C74.40601@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Belated regrets - we have a code freeze tomorrow, and this week has been 
a bit of panic.

The sort of role I would like to play is for internal TF review, and so 
I would welcome seeing early drafts when such a review would be helpful.
(But not today or tomorrow!)

Jeremy



RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:
> SWBPD list,
> Please find the minutes from todays' SWBPD MM TF telecon [1], in plain
> text below.
> 
>     RaphaŽl
> 
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0032.html
> 
> -------------
> 
> SemWeb Best Practices and Deployment WG, MultiMedia TF Teleconference
> 
> 5 Oct 2005
> 
>    [2]Agenda
> 
>       [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0032.html
> 
> Attendees
> 
>    Present
>           Giorgos Stamou, Jacco van Ossenbruggen, Raphael Troncy,
>           Chris Halaschek-Wiener, Jeff Pan, John Smith, Vassilis
> Tzouvaras,
>           Nikolaous Simou,
> 
>    Regrets
>           Jane Hunter
> 
>    Chair
>           Jacco
> 
>    Scribe
>           Raphael
> 
> Contents
> 
>      * Topics
>          1. Overall goals of the 1st deliverable
>          2. Use cases and their solutions
>          3. Existing Vocabularies/Ontologies: classification based on
> level of adoption, formal status, size, granularity, tool support etc.
>          4. Existing Tools: classification based on several criteria
>      * Summary of Action Items
> 
>      _____________________________________________________________
> 
> 1.
> Jacco: overall goals of this 1st deliverable
>  ... the document should contain some concrete guidelines
>  ... is there any concrete experiences on this subject or is there too
> many issues ?
> Chris: it should be feasible to gather enough experiences
> Jacco: images or video?
>  ... focus on annotating images
> Giorgos: wg suggested to stick to images only
> Jacco: agreed
> Jacco: short survey of possible work load div.
> Jacco: discuss about the content and share the work afterwards
> Jacco: Semantic Interoperability is for the 2nd deliverable
> Jacco: propose the following table of contents for the document
>     1) Introduction ;
>     2) Use cases ;
>     3) Vocabularies/Ontologies classification ;
>     4) Tools classification
> 
> 2)
> Jacco: - Sketch solutions for the use cases
>     ACTION: Chris may complete the use cases list with the NASA use case
> if it is possible
>     ACTION: Giorgos will drive the use case: "annotating personal photo
> collection"
> Jacco: the persons who write the use cases write the sketch of a
> solution that the TF will recommend (which vocabulary? which tool?)
> Jacco: next Wed, future release of the draft, all use cases should be
> ready, and have a first (partial) solution addressing the issue
> 
> 3)
> Jacco: - Classify the vocabularies and ontologies based on level of
> adoption, formal status, size, granularity, tool support etc.
> Chris: The introduction should be clearer
> John: MPEG-7 is larger than the XML Schema Description Schemes, there
> are also the Classification Schemes, the profiles, etc.
>     ACTION: Raphael will add the work about modeling the MPEG-7
> classification schemes into OWL
> 
> 4)
> Jacco: - Classification of tools
> Jacco: the ones that recognize their work on the list should send to the
> TF some more information
> Giorgos: issue: the tools are quite immature
> Jacco: discuss in the TF the criteria for classifying the tools
> ... send feedbacks then to the developpers of these tools
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>     [NEW] ACTION: Giorgos will schedule the next telecon
>     [NEW] ACTION: Chris may complete the use cases list with the NASA
> use case if it is possible
>     [NEW] ACTION: Giorgos will drive the use case: "annotating personal
> photo collection"
>     [NEW] ACTION: Raphael will add the work about modeling the MPEG-7
> classification schemes into OWL
>     [NEW] ACTION: ALL: send ideas/comments on the list of criteria for
> classifying the tools
> 
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/ins2/
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 6 October 2005 13:54:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:44 UTC