Review of EARL requirements

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:42:22 +0100
To: SWBPD <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

This is a review of

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-EARL10-Requirements-20050711/

Substantively:

[[
F02
     EARL 1.0 will provide mechanisms to relate test results with the
specific location within the subject that triggered the result where
applicable.
]]
   I suggest that requirement F02 should be demoted from "will" to
"should". This is a complex requirement that would be good to meet,
however I do not believe that EARL would have failed if this requirement
cannot be met, so the lower status of "should" is appropriate.

Editorially:
   I suggest that
[[
F05
     EARL 1.0 may support backward compatibility of the language with
previous versions published in earlier Working Drafts.
]]
   be listed as a non-requirement, or not listed at all, since the
rather particularly definition of may, seems to mean non-requirement.

[I assume further prettification comments are not interesting for this
document]