W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > November 2005

Re: [ALL] agenda 28 Nov telecon 1800 UTC

From: <Dlmcg1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:04:36 EST
Message-ID: <296.66c0f3.30bc8494@aol.com>
To: schreiber@cs.vu.nl, public-swbp-wg@w3.org
CC: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 
i will not be on the telecon today.
I am not sure if chris welty will be either (we both a pi meeitng tomorrow  
and may be in transit during this telecon).
 
here are a few notes:
An oep  telecon was held last week nov 21. 
 
here are a few highlights:
- there have been comments on the time note and jerry and feng are in the  
process of responding
- the semantic integration note had some active work done on it with chris  
menzel., mike uschold, deborah mcguinness., and chris welty. in smaller groups  
and in one 4 person telecon at iswc.  there is a draft up on the oep site  
although chris m. is in the process of making a significant update to the note  
resulting from the iswc discussions and email follow-up.
- we expect some progress on the units and measures note from a planned  
meeting from elisa kendall and evan wallace (and i think elisa will be on  today's 
call to report more).
 
Deborah
 
In a message dated 11/27/2005 6:40:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,  
schreiber@cs.vu.nl writes:

All,

See below, sorry this is late.

Jacco/Girogos: I have  not placed the decision to pulish the Image 
Annotation note on the agenda,  as I have seen no new version. Let me 
know if I missed  something.

Guus

AGENDA  Teleconference
W3C Semantic Web  Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
28 November 2005, 1800  UTC
1000 (West US)
1300 (East US)
1800 (London)
1900 (Amsterdam),
Duration: 60 min

Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200 conference code 7927# ('SWBP')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org  (port 6665), #swbp
Web-based IRC (member-only):
http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Guus  Schreiber / David Wood
Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)

Please note that  SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and 
invited experts  only.


1. ADMIN (15 min)

Roll  call
Regrets:

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 17 Oct  telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0171.html

PROPOSED  to accept the Galway ftf minutes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0144.html

PROPOSED  next meeting 12 Decembe.

Agenda amendments

2. LIAISON

2.1  Proposed resolution httpRange-14

ACTION: Ralph, DavidW,  and DavidB to an initial draft of TAG 
httpRange-14
resolution impact on semweb application developers
[recorded  in http://www.w3.org/2005/06/27-swbp-minutes.html#action02]

2.2  DAWG

ACTION: Brian to review SPARQL Last Call  document
[recorded in
[65]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/19-swbp-minutes.html#action04]
ACTION Brian to work with David about the WG comments
about SPARQL
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0041.html

ACTION Jeremy to provide a phrasing about XSDT.


2.3 OMG: ODM  review

ACTION Elisa to send new ODM link to the  WG

2.4 Protocol and Formats WG request

Message from PFWG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Aug/0043.html

ACTION: Guus to arrange telecon between himself, Alistair and
PFWG [recorded in
[58]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus to help the WAI Protocol and
Formats WG on their vocabulary [recorded in
[63]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/19-swbp-minutes.html#action07]

2.5  Other

WSDL 2.0 RDF Mapping Working Draft  published:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0054.html

3.  TASK FORCE UPDATES

3.0 General

ACTION on  all document editor's to use the appropriate
style for  editor's drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/

3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and  OWL (Alistair)

ACTION: Ralph to prepare the SKOS public  WD for publication
[recorded in
[62]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action12]
DONE

3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns  (Deb/Chris)

ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note  [recorded in
[67]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/19-swbp-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: Alistair to review Qualified Cardinality note
[recorded in
[64]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/19-swbp-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION on Chris and Alan to work with Ralph to make
part-whole ready for publication

ACTION:  Chris to move QCR note to W3C pace
ACTION: Chris to move  todo's to the changes section
ACTION  Alistair, Jeremy,  Jeff to review QCR note
DONE by Jacco:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0042.html
ACTION: Jeremy action to send comments to the list on
the non-use of the duration datatype
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0081.html
ACTION Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of semantics
ACTION Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies
to the SWCG
ACTION Chris to ensure Feng gets  signed up for the WG

ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien,  Phil to
review Semantic Integration note

ACTION Dan to investigate spatial relations work in SWIG

3.3  WordNet (Aldo)

ACTION  Alistair, Brian, Ben, Jacco,  Jeremy to review WN
draft by 25 Nov
Review Caeeoll:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0081.html

3.4  XSCH - XML Schema Datatypes (Jeremy)

ACTION: Jeremy to  prepare a new draft of XML Schema datatype
prior to F2F  [recorded in
[60]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action16]
DONE

ACTION: jc explain non-montonicity and  interoperability
issues by email


3.5  VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)

Proposed update TF  description:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0134.html

'HTTP Cookbook' editor's draft
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0117.html

3.6  HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)

ACTION: Jeremy write a  formal description of the CURI
proposal for WG consideration  [recorded in

ACTION: DanBri to ask TF for sign-off on  putting the draft
xhtml vocab to the WG for review. [recorded  in
[66]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/05-swbp-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: Ben produce schedule for getting RDF/A  editor's
drafts docs ready for WG review [recorded  in
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: ben to contact alistair on use of frag id's
[recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html#action02]

3.7 ADTF -  Applications and Demos (Libby)

ACTION Libby) to make the  wiki pager the list the doc
files of the applications  and parse them into HTML.

ACTION Libby to fix the demon  that do work.
ACTION Libby to send an email to SWIG about  it.

ACTION Ralph to identify ADTF as input for the  propose SWEO

3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability  (Steve)

PROPSED to publish the Survey document as Working  Group Note:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0092.html

3.9  Tutorial Page

ACTION Fabien send the mailing list the  resources of
education materials from EU  projects.

ACTION* Benjamin to send an email to the mailing  list
about positive and negative  feedback.

ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting  records
regarding SemWeb Education & Outreach  discussions
[recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/05-swbp-minutes.html#action04]

3.10 SE -  Software Engineering

ACTION: JeffPan to check on getting  Holger to join the WG
[recorded in
[59]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
DONE

ACTION: Jeff Pan to make sure Holger Knublauch  gets
signed up
ACTION: Jeremy Carroll  to send review comments on SE
Primer by 25  Nov
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0086.html
ACTION: Elisa Kendall to send review comments on SE
Primer by 25 Nov
ACTION Ralph to check if there's a  formal policy issue wrt
implicit endorsement
ACTION Phil Tetlow to check the copyright on the
screenshots
ACTION danbri: draft a bit of text  pointing to SWIG
ACTION: Phil to make sure that an email is  sent to the
list about how the primer document will  handle the
listing of products
ACTION  Guus to include publication proposal in Nov 28
agenda
ACTION: phil/danbri to see how to proceed  with
discussion of ODA draft in the SWIG
ACTION: jc send some more constructive comments on ODA
draft

3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation

ACTION: Libby to review Image annotation editor's draft
[recorded in
[61]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action13]

Review by Mike:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0020.html

ACTION MN editors to work with Ralph on publication
ACTION Guus to include publication proposal in Nov 28
agenda


4. AOB
Received on Monday, 28 November 2005 17:17:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:19 GMT