Re: [VM] HTTP Cookbook, revised editor's draft

From: David Wood <dwood@softwarememetics.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:58:06 -0500
Cc: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>

Hi Alistair,

I've just read the subject doc through and have the following
comments:  Overall, this document is quite valuable!  I am very happy
to see it.  The one criticism I have is that the recipes read a bit
tersely.  Perhaps explaining the motivation for directions prior to
use would increase readability.

For example,

   "Create a file called 2005-10-31.rdf that contains a complete RDF/
XML serialisation of the ontology, as at 2005-10-31 (or whatever the
current date is). I.e. all resources defined by the ontology are
described in this file, and this file represents a 'snapshot' or
'version' of the ontology."

Might change to something like this:

   "Create a file which contains a complete RDF/XML serialization of
your ontology, as of a certain date or version number.  Give the file
a name that represents the modification date or version number, such
as '2005-10-31.rdf' or '1.01.rdf'.  All resources defined by the
ontology are described in this file.  This file represents a
'snapshot' or 'version' of the ontology."

If you want to continue to use a single file name as an example,
that's fine.  The version example can go into a following paragraph:

   "Create a file which contains a complete RDF/XML serialization of
your ontology, as of a certain date.  Give the file a name that
represents the modification date, such as '2005-10-31.rdf'.  All
resources defined by the ontology are described in this file.  This
file represents a 'snapshot' or 'version' of the ontology.

   Alternately, the file name may represent a version number, such as
'1.01.rdf'."

Just a suggestion...

Regards,
Dave