W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > November 2005

[ALL] update minutes Galway ftf 4-5 Nov

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:00:34 +0100
Message-ID: <438A3A92.5090705@cs.vu.nl>
To: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Face-to-Face meeting
W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
4-5 November 2005
Galway, DERI

      Agenda:
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0018.html

      Registration page:
      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35495/ftf-3/

      Local information page:
      http://sw.deri.org/2005/07/swbpd/

      Photos from the meeting:
      http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/photos/2005/11/04/


ROLL CALL:
      Ben Adida (telecon RDF-in-HTML TF discussion)
      David Booth
      Jeremy Carroll
      Fabien Gandon
      Aldo Gangemi
      Andreas Harth
      Elisa Kendall
      Brian McBride
      Deborah McGuinness
      Gavin McKenzie
      Alistair Miles
      Libby Miller
      Benjamin Nguyen
      Jacco van Ossenbruggen
      Jeff Pan
      Valentina Presutti
      Alan Rector  (5 Nov)
      Guus Schreiber
      Giorgos Stamou
      Giorgos Stoilos
      Ralph Swick (via telecon, continuous)
      Philip Tetlow
      Raphaƫl Troncy
      Vassilis Tzouvaras
      Michael Uschold
      Evan Wallace
      Christopher Welty
      David Wood (via telecon, continuous)


SCRIBE LOGS

    IRC log 4 November
    http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html

    IRC Log 5 November
    http://www.w3.org/2005/11/05-swbp-minutes.html

    MN TF (Benjamin):
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0023.html

    SE & XSD TF (Libby)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/att-0031/minutes.txt

    AD TF, Tutorial page, Liaison, WM TF (Jeff):
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0046.html

    OEP discussion (Elisa):
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0043.html

    Future SWBPD discussion (Mike):
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0047.html
    Photos of white noard:
    http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/photos/2005/11/05/


ACTION & DECISION SUMMARY

    GENERAL

      ACTION on all document editor's to use the appropriate
      style for editor's drafts:
      http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/


    PORT TF

      [No actions or decisions]

    WORDNET TF

      ACTION  Alistair, Brian, Ben, Jacco, Jeremy to review WN
        draft by 25 Nov
        [TODO: check list, seems very long]
      ACTION: Ralph to copy the WordNet to CVS space and post
        URL [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
      DONE:
      http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wn-conversion.html

    MN TF

      RESOLVED by consensus
        to publish Image Annotation draftas 1st WD under the
        following conditions:
        -  patents issue raised by Carroll is adequately resolved
        -  all editors/authors have joined the WG
        the editors will take comments from Carrol, Miller,
        Booth, and Uschold into account at their discreation

      ACTION MN editors to work with Ralph on publication
      ACTION Guus to include publication proposal in Nov 28
        agenda

    RDFTM TF

      [No actions or decisions]


    RDF-in-HTML TF

      ACTION: Ben produce schedule for getting RDF/A editor's
      drafts docs ready for WG review [recorded in
      http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html#action04]

      ACTION: ben to contact alistair on use of frag id's
      [recorded in
      http://www.w3.org/2005/11/04-swbp-minutes.html#action02]


    SE TF

      ACTION: Jeff Pan to make sure Holger Knublauch gets
        signed up
      ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to send review comments on SE
        Primer by 25 Nov
      ACTION: Elisa Kendall to send review comments on SE
        Primer by 25 Nov
      ACTION Ralph to check if there's a formal policy issue wrt
        implicit endorsement
      ACTION Phil Tetlow to check the copyright on the
        screenshots
      ACTION danbri: draft a bit of text pointing to SWIG
      ACTION: Phil to make sure that an email is sent to the
        list about how the primer document will handle the
        listing of products
      ACTION Guus to include publication proposal in Nov 28
        agenda
      ACTION: phil/danbri to see how to proceed with
        discussion of ODA draft in the SWIG
      ACTION: jc send some more constructive comments on ODA
        draft


    XSD TF

      Straw poll
        Example 3H: the premise triple eg:car
        eg:enginesizeinlitres "1.3"^^xsd:decimal does / does not
        entail / leave it to applications to decide eg:car
        eg:enginesizeinlitres "1.3"^^xsd:float all possible
        entailments will hold, not just some of them See for
        document(s) and discussion/decision points:
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0213.html

        does: 0
        does not: 9
        applications: 12

         Comment from Jacco on straw poll:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0037.html

      ACTION: jc explain non-montonicity and interoperability
        issues by email


    AD TF

      ACTION Libby) to make the wiki pager the list the doc
      files of the applications and parse them into HTML.

      ACTION Libby to fix the demon that do work.
      ACTION Libby to send an email to SWIG about it.

      ACTION Ralph to identify ADTF as input for the propose SWEO


    TUTORUAL PAGE

      ACTION Fabien send the mailing list the resources of
      education materials from EU projects.

      ACTION* Benjamin to send an email to the mailing list
      about positive and negative feedback.

      ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting records
        regarding SemWeb Education & Outreach discussions
        [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/11/05-swbp-minutes.html#action04]

    LIAISON

       DAWG

         ACTION Jeremy to provide a phrasing about XSDT.

         ACTION Brian to work with David about the WG comments
         about SPARQL

       ODM spec

         ACTION Elisa to send new ODM link to the WG


    VM TF

      [No actions or decisions]


    OEP TF

      RESOLVED by consensus to publish
        Simple part-whole relations in OWL Ontologies
      http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SimplePartWhole/index.html

      ACTION on Chris and Alan to work with Ralph to make
        part-whole ready for publication

      ACTION: Chris to move QCR note to W3C pace
      ACTION: Chris to move todo's to the changes section
      ACTION  Alistair, Jeremy, Jeff to review QCR note

      ACTION: Jeremy action to send comments to the list on
      the non-use of the duration datatype
      ACTION Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of semantics
      ACTION Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies
      to the SWCG
      ACTION Chris to ensure Feng gets signed up for the WG

      ACTION ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to
      review Semantic Integration note

      ACTION Dan to investigate spatial relations work in SWIG


-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 598 7739/7718; e-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Sunday, 27 November 2005 23:01:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:19 GMT