Interoperability note

From: Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:40:28 +0000
Cc: best-practice list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
To: Mike Uschold <michael.f.uschold@boeing.com>

Mike

An important case we have come across frequently in mapping medical
classes is where they are both subclasses of an interesting common
superclass that is present in neither ontology, usually formed by
deleting one or two restrictions from each.

Our usual examples come from linking up radiology and surgery where
we have several different versions of repair of bleeding aneurism by
different methods but not common parent simply 'repair of bleeding
aneurism'

Closely tied to non-standard reasoning about least common subsumers
and differences.

Worth a chat

Alan

-----------------------