Possible new TF on conceptual graphs and semantic web.

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:33:18 +0100
To: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

To contribute to the discussion on the continuation of the working
group, I just wanted to mention that if this working group was to
continue I would be interested in proposing a new task force. An outline
of a possible charter would be:

NAME: Conceptual Graphs and RDF (CGRDF)

STATUS: draft

MEMBERS: to be done;
          four candidate institutions so far (LINA, INRIA, LIRMM, I3S).

OBJECTIVES: survey and compare practices in mapping RDF to Conceptual
             graphs and vice-versa.

At that time three deliverables are envisaged:
- note on survey of existing mappings from RDF/S to Conceptual Graphs;
- note on using RDF/S to exchange Conceptual Graphs;
- note on best practices in mapping and interpreting RDF/S in Conceptual
   Graphs and on a minimal core mapping.

"The difference between the right word and the
  almost right word is the difference between
  lightning and the lightning bug."
                                 -- Mark Twain.
|__ _ |_  http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/