Re: [HTML] Re: additional GRDDL editor

At 07:48 AM 5/13/2005 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
>On Tue, 3 May 2005, Ralph R. Swick wrote:
>> At 01:53 PM 5/2/2005 -0400, Ben Adida wrote:
>> >2) GRDDL editor from this task force
>> >Ralph asked for an additional GRDDL editor, possibly from this task force. We should discuss a bit.
>>
>> *possibly* from this task force.  Actually, I hope that someone else
>> in the WG might feel that they should step up to this task.  Or even
>> some other Member who hasn't yet joined the Working Group.
>
>I assume "the wg" means SWBPD WG and not HTMLWG

Correct.

>I was interested enough in GRDDL to try implementing it, as I think
>getting semantics out of xhtml1 (and xml) is important enough to
>continue the GRDDL approach

Yes, thanks for your implementation announcement [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Apr/0001.html

>So, if some effort is needed I think I may offer help as co-editor
>if I can slot it in with my DAWG work and also trying to get
>Turtle into some kind of Note too.

Great; I suggest you chat with Dan Connolly and/or Dominque
Hazael-Massieux and see if their hopes and expectations are
consistent with your interests and availability.

>What are the goals for GRDDL in the short term - timescales,
>expected document status (WG note?), community review?

As far as SWBPD is concerned, my opinion is that our charter
scope covers GRDDL for the purpose of getting RDF out of
XHTML1.  Other applications of GRDDL, though interesting
and important, are beyond where I think SWBPD should be
investing current effort.

For the particular task of getting RDF out of XHTML1 documents,
the strongest expressions of interest for GRDDL to serve this
purpose have been from people who hope that this will permit
using the XHTML2 syntax (aka "RDF/A") with XHTML1.

At the moment I am not seeing community pull for GRDDL
being Recommendation-track, so a WG Note would be the
likely goal for SWBPD effort.

-Ralph