From: Natasha Noy [mailto:noy@smi.stanford.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:46 PM
To: Uschold, Michael F
Cc: Christopher Welty; public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [OEP] naming CaV patterns [was: new Editor's draft of classes as valuesavailable]

These look good -- I would probably change "Use" in pattern 3 for
"Create".

They are not particularly short and catchy names though, so I don't
think they will actually serve the purpose you had in mind originally.
But I am happy to change to these.

Natasha

On Mar 8, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Uschold, Michael F wrote:

> 3-way telecon not possible, so I called Chris.
>
> This is what we came up with:
>
> 1. Use classes directly as property values.
> 2. Create special instances of the class to be used as property values
> 3. Use a parallel hierarchy of instances as property values 4. Create
> a special restriction in lieu of using a specific value. 5. Use
> classes directly as annotation property values.
>
> I don't really like having 'property' everywhere, but I put it in so
> that the relationship between 1 and 5 is more obvious. I changed
> 'individuals' to 'instances', but we could use 'individuals'
> everywhere, if that worked. Should be consistent if possible.
>
> Natasha, can you accept or fiddle with these to come up with what you
> like?
>
> Mike

>>> 2.                 class instances as values
>>> 3.                 parallel classes instances as values
>>> 4.                 implicit class instances as values
>>> 5.                 classes as annotation property values
>>>
>>> I think these are all accurate, getting to the heart of the matter,
>> and
>>> are reasonably short.
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Your suggestions:
>>>
>>> 1. Classes directly as property values
>>> 2. Parallel set of individuals for property values
>>> 3. Parallel hierarchy of individuals for property values
>>> 4. Classes with value restrictions as types