Re: [SE] Comments on Draft Note

I think Mike has made the main point I wanted to make, I will add a
couple of less significant points:

1) The list of editors is too long.
In my view each editor should:
- actively control some section(s) of the document
- regularly review the whole document, and be happy to have their name
on the whole document

I have serious doubts that either of these criteria is met for most of
the people listed as editors of this document.
There is a mismatch between the length of the document and the first
criterion; and between the quality of the document and the second.

If the desire is to acknowledge the contribution of the whole task
force, then that should be in an acknowledgements section (typically
near the end of the document).

A desire to indicate the quality of the document is best achieved by:
- writing a high quality document
- the W3C logo and the W3C review process
and not by manipulation of the list of editors.

2) The further reading section ...
These should be references; and it should be reasonably easy to tell
which have been peer reviewed and which haven't; and those that haven't
should have significant support for inclusion, i.e. the quality control
that is achieved through peer review needs to be achieved in some other way.

I have great difficulty in seeing how to rescue this document, and I
believe that Mike has been more constructive than I could be.

Jeremy