Re: [OEP] Comments on Specified Values Note

I've linked the new editors draft from the OEP page.

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/

Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>
Sent by: public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
03/01/2005 12:49 PM

"Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@boeing.com>
cc
public-swbp-wg@w3.org, Matthew Horridge <mhorridge@cs.man.ac.uk>
Subject
Re: [OEP] Comments on Specified Values Note

Mike, All

As the F2F is coming close, I've done an edit following Mike's excellent
suggestions.  The diagrams
are still in .ppt but we will have nice OmniGraffle versions shortly.

It is at
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~rector/swbp/specified_values/specified-values-8.html

Main changes

*    Abstract and problem edited as suggested
*    Diagramming, vocabulary and syntax conventions made explicit plus
appendix added with detail
*    Disjointness added explicitly to diagrams.  This does make them a bit
cluttered.
*    Figure 1 corrected as per Mike's note
*    Considerations split into advantages and disadvantages
*    N3 syntax more extensively commented (and corrected)
*    Diagrams adjusted to be consistent
*    "quality" changed to "feature" throughout.  Some may prefer it the
other way.  Easily changed
to taste.
*    Reference to Welty and Guarino for quality added
*    Additional diagram for pattern 1 variant 2 added.
*    Numerous minor fixes

Regards

Hope to speak with you later in the week.

Regards

Alan

--
Alan L Rector