RE: [OEP] A possible alternative term for fluent

Agreed.  So far I still prefer fluent over any alternative I've heard.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/

"Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@boeing.com>
Sent by: public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
06/28/2005 06:36 PM

<ewallace@cme.nist.gov>, <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [OEP] A possible alternative term for fluent

What is the motivation for using a different term than fluent?

Maybe: it is too formal, and no one heard of it?

If so, then I'm not sure that effectivity will be much of an
improvement. Although people talk about it a lot around Boeing, I have
not grasped its essential meaning in a way that I could define it. Your
definition helps a lot, actually...

Separate point: what would be the grammatical form of 'effectivity' to
use?
Presumably not: one effectivity / two effectivities, to replace
fluent/fluents
That is pretty awkward-sounding.

Mike

Mike Uschold
Tel: 425 865-3605              Fax: 425 865-2965