W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > June 2005

[OEP] status of drafts

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:03:06 -0400
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF786FF2EB.293A9F65-ON85257026.0077D044-85257028.00004776@us.ibm.com>

OEP,

Alan, Natasha and I had a phone call today, as Alan is leaving for 
vacation soon and we wanted to resolve the open issues with the n-ary and 
part notes.

We agreed to seperate out the "standard OWL Full vocabulary" into a new 
note, with a forward reference in the n-ary document.  Natasha will add 
this and send out.  If the TF is OK with it, we will get WG review and 
release it as the second WD.

We agreed to make some changes to the simple part note, including 
Natasha's example with individuals, and making the use cases for the other 
examples more clear.  Alan will try to get something out before he leaves, 
 but if not I will make changes later this week or next.

Let's still have an OEP telecon this week (3PM EDT, 1900 UT), I may only 
be able to join for a short time, but let's establish consensus on these 
issues, and I'd like to get an idea who plans to go to ISWC (should be a 
short call). 

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA   
 
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web: 
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/



Natasha Noy <noy@SMI.Stanford.EDU> 
06/16/2005 02:39 PM

To
Christopher Welty/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Aldo Gangemi <a.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>, 
"Deborah L. McGuinness" <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>, ewallace@cme.nist.gov, 
Michael F Uschold <michael.f.uschold@boeing.com>, Pat Hayes 
<phayes@ihmc.us>, Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>, 
ekendall@sandsoft.com, hobbs@isi.edu
cc

Subject
OEP telecon next week (6/23)






Dear OEP-ers,

I will be traveling for most of July and thus the next OEP telecon 
(assuming we have one) will be the last one for me until August. It 
would be good if we can perhaps do whatever we still need to do to 
move the n-ary relations note to Second draft and maybe discuss the 
part-whole note. I am sending this message well in advance of the 
call, since there is probably some work we need to do before the 
telecon to be able to discuss these items: for example, having Chris 
to add whatever part of the vocabulary we agreed on to the note and 
having either Alan or Chris look at my old comments on part-whole 
(would be better to discuss them while I am around, I think).

Just a thought...

Natasha
Received on Wednesday, 22 June 2005 00:03:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:43 UTC