	From: Alan Rector [mailto:rector@cs.man.ac.uk]
	Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:35 PM
	To: Peter Patel-Schneider
	Cc: Matthew Horridge; co-ode-man; best-practice
	Subject: Re: comment on Guus's note - Re: [OEP] OWL restrictions

	Peter

	Take a look at the experimental editor on
www.co-ode.org/downloads/friends.php

	It is late alpha and we would welcome feedback.

	The spirit of the style is

	Severe_Heart_disease ==
	Disease AND has_locus SOME (Heart OR is_part_of SOME Heart) AND
	has_severity SOME Severe_value

	That's the style notation we now use in most publications, with
SOME/ONLY for exists/all and an infix rather than prefix form. Plus the
obvious AND/OR/NOT for booleans.

	This version also includes a notation for qualified cardinality
constraints.
	A version covering datatypes is coming RSN

	Detailed questions to Matthew Horridge who is largely
responsible for the implementation.

	As for N3 syntax, it really obscures OWL semantics in favour of
the RDF representation of those semantics. The SWBP agreed it would be
the standard, but I don't think it clarifies things wrt OWL.

	Regards

	Alan