Re: [ALL] Student projects SKOS & SemWeb

Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Sorry to bung this on the public list, but does anyone have or know of anyone looking or topics for MSc or PhD projects?  There are so many interesting areas to explore, relating to SKOS and its interaction with library science, with ontologies & the semweb at large, with wordnet, with terminologies, language and translation, with learning environments, with the scruffy web (e.g. bloggers) ... I could go on, and I'm never going to have the time to do it all myself :)

Good idea. We've had some discussions internally at
W3C about sharing lists of student projects too. Olivier (cc:'d)
has just started a wiki page, which for now lists some
potential projects suggested by the QaDev group. See
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SoftwareProjects

How about using that page as a hub (describing projects
inline or in separate wiki entries depending on their grandiosity).

http://rdf4food.asemantics.org/DanBriSlides
-> http://rdf4food.asemantics.org/SparqlPress in a nearby
wiki is one project I'm working on. I should ship what I started
and write it up as a possible student project, perhaps...

Dan