W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > January 2005

[ALL] Minutes 27 Jan

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:40:17 +0000
Message-ID: <41FA40C1.6080403@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org


AGENDA:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0103

IRC:
http://www.w3.org/2005/01/27-swbp-irc


Summary:
========

New actions:
ACTION: jjc draft msg to other WGs concerning XSCH doc
ACTION: guus send msg to RDFTM reminding them to use list for TF work
ACTION: guus discuss Mark's participation in Wordnet tf with Brian
ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready
ACTION: jeremy ask natasha to review page 68/69 of ODM document
ACTION: guus ask steven pemberton for meeting re XHTML2 meta module


Continued actions:
ACTION: Brian and DanBri talk about Wordnet document
ACTION: ralph to make a "List of WG documents" more apparent from the 
home page
ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel
ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary


Completed actions:
ACTION: Phil to set up a Web page to provide links to
    relevant publications, topics and validated ideas.
ACTION: Fabio & new RDFTM TF members to post a short biography to SWBP list
ACTION: guus to check with dan and ralph to see whether tech plenary
meetings are required on RDFinHTML and XHTML
ACTION: Ralph add RDFTM Wiki links to TF description on BP page.
ACTION: jeremy to have a draft for other WGs in two weeks time
ACTION: jjc take evan's notes and put them in the draft
ACTION: guus to find resources to work on WN WG
ACTION: alistair to report on a timeline for drafts
ACTION: Natasha to ask Holger about reviewing the OWL profile
ACTION: Ralph to report back to dawg that we can't figure out what the
"unsaid" problem is precisely

Discontinued action:
ACTION: Guus to contact someone regarding "source response" issue


Procedural resolutions:
RESOLVED to accept the minutes of the Jan 13 telecon:
RESOLVED next telecon
    Feb 10, 1800 UTC
RESOLVED f2f will adjourn at 4pm march 4

Full minutes:
=============

1. ADMIN (15 min)

Roll call:

Present:
     Phil_Tetlow, Guus, Ralph, Fabien_Gandon, Jeff, Jeremy, ChrisW, 
Gavin_McKenzie, Andreas_Harth, AlistairM, TomB, MikeU.

Regrets: Evan Wallace, Darren Govoni, Natasha Noy, Libby Miller,
          Marco Nanni, Deborah McGuinness, Alan Rector, Dan Brickley,
          Benjamin Nguyen, Elisa Kendall, Luis Marius Garshol

RESOLVED to accept the minutes of the Jan 13 telecon:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0059.html

with addition of Lars Marius Garshol's prior regrets, per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0061.html

RESOLVED next telecon
    Feb 10, 1800 UTC

On Tech Plenary / ftf
======================
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/allgroupoverview.html

Ralph encourages all to register and book hotel room, since hotel 
bookings are significantly below guaranteed number.

Agenda will be circulated some time next week.

RESOLVED f2f will adjourn at 4pm march 4

Jeremy asked which other groups we should meet with.

ACTION: guus ask steven pemberton for meeting re XHTML2 meta module


Action review:
==============

ACTION: Guus to contact someone regarding "source response" issue

Dropped, weak belief that DAWG have now resolved this issue.

ACTION: Ralph to report back to dawg that we can't figure out what the
"unsaid" problem is precisely
DONE http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-semweb-cg/2005Jan/0034.html


2. ODM REVIEW

ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel
ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary
Both Continued
ACTION: Natasha to ask Holger about reviewing the OWL profile
Done, Holger has agreed, review still to come.


Phil's review:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0084.html
and subsequent discussion thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/thread.html#84

Jeremy's review:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0128

Phil and Jeremy rearticulated the e-mail discussion about Phil's review.
Phil asked for further opinion: Ralph said:
"a specific proposed change would be what a W3C Working Group would 
expect from a Last Call review comment" indicating concern not 
dissimilar to Jeremy's about the desired outcome of hub-and-spoke comment.

Jeremy suggests that an n-ary relations editor should look at half page 
of ODM doc

ACTION: jeremy ask natasha to review page 68/69 of ODM document


3. TF UPDATE

ACTION: ralph to make a "List of WG documents" more apparent from the 
home page

Continued.



3.1 OEP (Chris?)

n-ary relations editors' draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0085.html

draft of note on simple part-whole relations:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0071.html

classes-as-values editors' draft: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2005Jan/att-0020/ClassesAsValues-2nd-WD.html


Discussion of next steps with older documents.
Classes as values and value partitions are basically stable, and we 
began to plan transition to WG Note indicating that no further work is 
expected on these.
N-ary relations is not yet stable, in fact the editors' draft may not be 
stable (ChrisW is proposing changes). Next step will be a further WD

ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready

Guus suggests that OEP makes formal proposal to move classes as values 
and value partitions to WG note to be decided at next telecon.


3.2 PORT (Alistair)

ACTION: alistair to report on a timeline for drafts
Completed during telecon.


Progress report: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0126.html


The current plan is to have drafts ready for 03Feb to allow for a 
document to be voted on at 10Feb meeting. However, some authors are 
being slow, and there may be a need to push timeline back.

3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

ACTION: Brian and DanBri talk about Wordnet document
continued
ACTION: guus to find resources to work on WN WG
done
Mark van Assem (VU) is willing to work on this TF.
ACTION: guus discuss Mark's participation in Wordnet tf with Brian

Discussion about difficulty in finding current Wordnet TF documents. 
Guus asserted that there are some useful ones, Jeremy said he didn't 
find any when he looked earlier in the month.
(See later e-mail)


3.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremy)

ACTION: jeremy to have a draft for other WGs in two weeks time
ACTION: jjc take evan's notes and put them in the draft
Done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0121

Jeremy claimed that all of Evan's comments should now be addressed, 
though remains need to close the loop with him.
Jeremy would like to bring the current editor's draft to the attention 
of other WGs and solicit their comments before the Tech Plenary because 
this is a W3C Working Draft and would like some internal W3C review 
before it goes public

Guus suggest an informal message from Jeremy as editor to the other WGs

ACTION: jjc draft msg to other WGs concerning XSCH doc

3.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)

ACTION: Ralph add RDFTM Wiki links to TF description on BP page.
[DONE]

Draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0114.html
Status:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0025.html

TomB indicated that draft is behind schedule.
Dan and Libby have been busy
Ralph is behind.
Big missing piece is foaf
There was some encouragement to go ahead and publish a WD without foaf.



3.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)

ACTION: guus to check with dan and ralph to see whether tech plenary
meetings are required on RDFinHTML and XHTML
Done.

There was discussion at cg and agreement that swbp/html meeting at tp 
would be good. We believe that html wg intend to publish lc including 
rdf/a but we have no formal or informal communication indicating this.

The TF will consider what to do with grddl ... at future TF telecons
Ralph hopes that the TF could be aiming to declare success at TP

3.7 ADTF (Libby)

Status:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0116.html
no discussion
Libby has rejoined WG from asemantics her new employer.


3.8 RDFTM (Steve)

No TF members on call.

ACTION: Fabio & new RDFTM TF members to post a short biography to SWBP list

Fabio done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0068.html

Lars Marius done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0062.html

Nicola done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0073.html

Valentina done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0074.html


The discussion indicated that the TF appear to be busy and productive 
but the mailing list traffic does not reflect this.
ACTION: guus send msg to RDFTM reminding them to use list for TF work



3.9 Tutorial Page (TomA)

Skipped.

3.10 SE TF

ACTION: Phil to set up a Web page to provide links to
    relevant publications, topics and validated ideas.

progress indications:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0076.html

SE 18-Jan telecon summary:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0077.html
Phil indicated that things are going well, and Jeff got web page up.
Jeremy asked what SE is doing, Phil: give us a little longer to be more 
specific.

One possible activity involved discussion of autonomics(?) which would 
take longer than a three-to-six month time scale. Guus encouraged a 
shorter term plan concentrating on low-lying fruit, like a note 
discussing the worldview of Software Engineering versus Ontology 
Engineering.

Grady Booch from IBM and someone from University of Sunderland are 
likely to join WG to participate in TF

Guus: this is potentially very useful TF but we need to focus on clear 
short term deliverables.


4. AOB

JJC: should we talk with I18N folk during Tech Plenary to see what 
internationalization issues exist for the Semantic Web.
Informal agreement that jeremy shall do this.
Received on Friday, 28 January 2005 13:40:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:14 GMT