Re: OMG Ontology Metamodel Definition Review

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:28:28 +0000
To: Phil Tetlow <philip.tetlow@uk.ibm.com>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org, ewallace@cme.nist.gov, Grady Booch <gbooch@us.ibm.com>, Cliff.jones@newcastle.ac.uk

My own nervousness was less well-informed.
I believe this document is an important one, and that we should be
encouraging it to completion as quickly as possible.
Hence comments should, in my view:
- help correct the document
- point out important weaknesses
- or be supportive

As far as I could tell, and I am glad that someone better informed about
UML than me tended to agree, the hub-and-spoke comment did not point out
an important weakness, but articulated an alternative design. To fully
address this comment I think would take quite some time, since it's a
few steps backwards before going forwards, and I don't see (any/enough)
benefit for this cost. (All process - no content :( )