Re: [SE] Composite Identification Schemes on the Semantic Web

From: Daniel Oberle <oberle@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:38:18 +0100
To: bernard.vatant@mondeca.com, philip.tetlow@uk.ibm.com
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Hi Phil and Bernard (CC SETF),
I was following this thread, had a look at the referenced
papers and also http://dl-web.man.ac.uk/~panz/swse/

Of course, composite identification schemes are a hot topic
for the Semantic Web in general. But why is it so important when
discussing Semantic Web and in particular software engineering?
Can you give me a simple example? I'm probably ignorant on this
topic, but I don't see the motivation to discuss it in our task force.
In particular I don't find it reading http://dl-web.man.ac.uk/~panz/swse/

Please make me get rid of my ignorance ;-)

Best,
  Daniel