RE: [WNET],[OEP] OntoWordNet. A new large OWL ontology

Aldo:

Thanks for the definition of a lexical ontology.
It seems to be rooted not in the nature of the beast, but more in the
nature of how the beast is created, and to an extent, what it is
intended to be used for.
IF the starting point is a bunch of words or phrases that one wants to
have a model of, *and*
IF if the intended use entails [somethign like] language parsing, or
lexical analysis of some sort... then one is more likley to call it a
lexical ontology.

On retrofitting 'lexical' terms to an otherwise non-lexical ontology...
I suppose one shoudl always be able to come up with phrases that
correspond to the meaning of the concepts in any ontology.
Im not sure it helps or explains much to say this makes it a 'lexical
ontology', since the phrases are kind of invented, not arising from an
existing lexicon.

Mike