RE: [WNET],[OEP] WordNet datamodel

From: Dickinson, Ian John (HP Labs, Bristol, UK) <ian.dickinson@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:21:12 -0000
To: "Aldo Gangemi" <a.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>
Cc: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi Aldo,
>>[I asked about publishing a marked up wordnet ontology]
> not yet: we'll discuss it at today's telecon ... I think it's quite
> straightforward, requiring a basic transform from the original tables
> into owl-rdf
As well as publishing the marked-up dataset, can you publish your
transform as well? I'm thinking that the whole of Wordnet-as-OWL will be
quite big, so allowing people to run the transform locally on their own
wordnet installation would be handy.  It would also help anyone who
wanted to mark-up only a subset of the entire wordnet database. I can
also imagine applications in which Wordnet-to-OWL was implemented as an
on-demand gateway to a standard Wordnet db, rather than a simple query
into an translated OWL-rdf model.

Regards,
Ian

Ian Dickinson   HP Labs, Bristol, UK      mailto:ian.dickinson@hp.com