W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2005

[ALL] Minutes 10 Feb telecon

From: Thomas Baker <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:23:28 +0100
To: SW Best Practices <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20050211132328.GA1832@Octavius>


                      SemWeb Best Practices & Deployment
                               10 Feb 2005

   Agenda:
   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0037.html

   See also IRC log:
   -- http://www.w3.org/2005/02/10-swbp-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Phil Tetlow, Libby Miller, Ralph Swick, Chris Welty, Evan Wallace,
          Andreas Harth, Alistair Miles, Fabien Gandon, Elisa Kendall,
          Tom Baker, Gavin McKenzie

   Regrets
          DanBri, Benjamin, Deb, Natasha, Steve, Gary, Brian, Jeremy

   Chair
          Ralph

   Scribe
          TomB

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. Liaison
         3. TF Updates
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________


1. ADMIN

   Previous meeting notes ACCEPTED:
   [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0150.html

   Next telecon will be 24 February.

   ACTION: guus ask steven pemberton for meeting re XHTML2 meta module [DONE]

2. LIAISON

2.1 OMG: ODM review

Other non-TF-related actions:

   ACTION: jeremy ask natasha to review page 68/69 of ODM document [DONE]
           Evan: Natasha did look at those pages.  Natasha, Elisa, and I 
           talked about the comments and agreed the section did have some 
           problems.  The section may be reworked.

   ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel [CONTINUED]

   ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary [CONTINUED]
           Elisa: Deb and I plan to do some of this together next week.

2.2: DAWG: UNSAID and SOUCE issues

   ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.

3. TF UPDATES

3.10 SE

   Phil: had 2nd SE telecon last week [11].  Good news,
   progress on production of notes.  Plan to get 3 short
   notes out soon.  Hopefully, at least one visible for F2F.
   Need advice on correct format and procedure.  Schedule:
   informally agreed to have material for next Tue (so ready
   for next telecon).  Note on identifier schemes will take
   another week or two - maybe in week before F2F?

   ACTION: Ralph to provide SE TF advice on format and
   procedure.

   ACTION: Ralph to make a "List of WG documents" more visible
   from home page [DONE]

3.1 PORT TF (Alistair)

   Alistair proposes to publish SKOS Core Guide as Working
   Draft.  TomB had extensive review comments, which were
   discussed on the thesaurus review list; all comments
   addressed, draft looks nice.  Mark also supportive.

   Al: still need clear policy statements with regard to
   ownership of the vocabulary - but these will go into the
   SKOS Core Spec (not the Guide).

   Meeting approved request to publish SKOS Core Guide
   as a First Working Draft.

   ACTION: Al to run pubrules checker on SKOS Core Guide ; Ralph will help.

           Note: see link to Editors home page - 
           has links to publication rules.
           Includes checklist from webmasters.
           http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/

   ACTION: Ralph to link SKOS Core Guide from home page more prominently.

   The third document (Quick Guide) - Tom and Mark will look
   at it this week.

   In next telecon: SKOS Core Spec and Quick Guide.

3.2 OEP (Chris)

   ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready [CONTINUES]

   n-ary relations draft not yet ready; maybe one week from now.
   OEP telecon next week; will report back to group; then Ralph reviews.
   David has been unavailable this past month.

   Jerry Hobbs had agreed to come on as invited expert for
   Time ontology, but stalled.  Ralph: ISI is a W3C Member,
   so Jerry should simply be appointed by Robert MacGregor,
   ISI's AC Rep.

   Last Thu telecon: current working draft (classes as values)
   and representing specified values in OWL.  Decided all
   notes needed stand'n on how we use vocabulary: we agreed
   we need a glossary.  Terms are overloaded - must be clear.
   Guus felt no rush to bring to "note" status, so hold off
   a bit - should decide by plenary.

   Ralph: These have already been reviewed as working drafts.
   If not changed in substantial way, no need for further
   review Could publish further draft with cleaned-up wording.
   If you create that editors draft, then put qst to group "we
   are ready to declare this final".  Aim at asking this at F2F.

   N-ary relations doc still needs work.  Lots of interest
   from outside in this.  Idea of capturing n-ary relations
   in languages that do not support it natively is coming up
   in lots of places.  Terminology in that doc is particularly
   problematic - that was the motivation for the glossary.

   Another idea in last telecon: all notes have lots of
   examples Maybe publish the example ontologies themselves.
   Good idea? What is the procedure?

   Ralph: good idea.  Need NS names, put OWL files there.
   Certainly for OWL Time work - need stable place.  And for
   proposed vocab on n-ary relations.  w3.org should be
   usable. Should have a status comment of some sort:
   "These are examples".  To do this, write something into
   the working draft.  Part of the review process will be
   to approve the names chosen.  Suggest picking example
   namespace names in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/.

3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

   Aldo sent status message two days ago:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0029.html

3.4 XML schema datatypes

   ACTION: Jeremy to give other groups a heads-up [COMPLETED].

   Came up at SW Coord group meeting last week - good!
   For F2F, expect TF will want to propose publication of that.
   In J's announcement to WGs, says we will be discussing
   moving to pubn at F2F.

   Need second reviewer?

3.5 Vocabulary Management (TomB)

   TomB has all the input he needs now except for FOAF.
   Wiki document is frozen; TomB is turning into fuller draft.
   Was very helpful to have participated in the PORT document
   review - we were able to clarify a number of issues that
   will be taken up in the VM note.  Alistair has agreed
   to help.  Target of 24 Feb to have a readable draft.

3.6 RDF-in-HTML

   This is a difficult time-slot for Ben.  TF tried to
   schedule telecon for earlier this week, but not possible.
   No response yet from HTML working group; will have joint
   meeting with them in Tech Plenary week.

3.7 ADTF Libby

   Question to this group: should people be allowed to put
   up information about an application that is not accessible
   online?

   Ralph and Libby prefer highlighting code that is available
   online and that people can use; show application domains
   where SW is being used and help new adopters get going.
   Libby will start a discussion on this.  Maybe just
   keep things up there that are (still) working?  Or save
   screen-shots of things that once worked?  Maybe keep links,
   with note that "application is no longer there"?

   ACTION: Fabian noticed broken links - Libby will check.

3.8 RDFTM - Topic Maps

   Steve Pepper sent status report [14].  They hope to have
   draft ready for F2F

   ACTION: guus send msg to RDFTM reminding them to use list for TF work [CONTINUED]

3.9 Tutorial page

   Nobody available on call.

4. AOB

   Discussion of starting to prepare agenda for F2F [15] --
   timings of specific topics because some people will want
   to call in.  HTML working group meeting on Thu afternoon.
   Another item: suggestion that overview of ODM be part of
   one of these meetings since this working group is looking
   at parts of ODM.  Ralph points out that SW IG might have
   broader audience as well.  DanBri is SW IG chair - knows
   of potential agenda request.

   R. had asked if Evan could give overview - which meeting
   do this in?  Lisa might be able to do it Thu-Fri. Or at
   least coordinate on slides.  Evan can represent team.
   Mon-Tue might be larger audience - original request was
   for ODM overview.  EM asked to hear about more deployment
   experience.  Could be part of overview.  Overview could
   be in IG meeting; preserving BPD WG time for more detailed
   issues.

   All: Please register intent to come to F2F... see you on Feb 24...!

Summary of Action Items

   [DONE] ACTION: Jeremy to give other groups a heads-up.
   [DONE] ACTION: guus ask steven pemberton for meeting re XHTML2 meta
   [DONE] ACTION: guus ask steven pemberton for meeting re XHTML2 meta module
   [DONE] ACTION: jeremy ask natasha to review page 68/69 of ODM document

   [CONTINUED] ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary
   [CONTINUED] ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel
   [CONTINUED] ACTION: Ralph to review next version of n-ary relations when ready
   [CONTINUED] ACTION: Guus send msg to RDFTM reminding them to use list for TF work

   [NEW] ACTION: Al to run pubrules checker on SKOS Core Guide ; Ralph will help.
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.
   [NEW] ACTION: Fabian noticed broken links - Libby will check.
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph make "List of WG documents" more visible
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to link SKOS Core Guide from home page more prominently.
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to provide SE TF advice on format and procedure

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version 1.110
    ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2005/02/08 15:09:54 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   9. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0150.html
  10. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0150.html
  11. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0002.html
  12. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/
  13. http://www.w3.org/2005/02/
  14. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0046.html
  15. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0053.html
  16. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 11 February 2005 13:21:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:14 GMT