RE: [SKOS, SPARQL, ALL] Closure and SPARQL

Most KR systems indeed offer the option to query for both, but I must say I always assumed a SPARQL query would support transitive closure, hence would return the logical result instead of only directly asserted results.
If both are required, the graph could solve it, but why not add the option in the query instead of having to query 2 graphs. A direct result might be requested as
SELECT DIRECT ?x ?y
And the logical result might be requested as
SELECT ALL ?x ?y

Which one should be default is debatable, but it seems to me that a lot of applications may only be interested in the logical result of the query. The option to query only direct is also very valuable to browse the graph (or parts of it), which can be used, amongst other things, in DS-systems, or search-engines (refine query).

Adding a second Closure equivalent of the property would only make querying more complicated, unless a standard to do this is defined.

Christoffel

This email and its attachment(s) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed, and not intended to be further distributed without explicit prior approval of the sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Language & Computing, Inc. unless explicitly indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.