RE: [VM] 22 November Telecon: technical issues.

Hey Dan,

Afaik all browsers send an 'Accept:' header in their HTTP GET requests.

Afaik no RDF clients or client libraries (e.g. Jena) send an 'Accept:' header in their HTTP GET requests.

Setting 'application/rdf+xml' as the 'default' means returning RDF/XML content in the response, when no 'Accept:' header has been specified in the request. This configuration means we are backwards-compatible with current RDF toolkits, although we should probably still recommend that RDF toolkits include an 'Accept: application/rdf+xml' header with GET requests.

Because all (?) browsers already include an appropriate 'Accept:' header in HTTP GET requests, the URIs should still remain 'reliably browsable'.

As an aside, I think there should be a registered MIME type at least for Turtle, and probably also for Notation 3, N-Triples, (TriG and TriX?).

Cheers,

Al.