RE: Graphical notation from Representing Values note

Evan,

Any chance of getting a preview of your mapping? I am very interested in
this area. OMG has just announced their ODM draft [1] and I will
certainly be looking into that. In fact, do you have an update on the
UML profile for OWL effort? I recall that it was an agenda item on SWBPD
some months ago. May be I just need to go digging the list archive.

I have found standard UML to Owl needs resolution on the following:

. Semantics differences between association/property/fields in UML to
OWL property hierarchy, obj and datatype properties.
. Treatment of subclassof semantics vs equivalentClass semantics.
. Construction of complex expressions, especially in expressing
restriction class as a class in it's own right.

I have seen several ways of dealing with the above, but none seem to
have the right balance between: expressiveness vs the mental demand in
understanding the resulting diagram vs the demand of screen real estate.
I have high hopes on the OMG efforts.

I'd be happy to have a discussion about all these.

Cheers,

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2004Sep/0006.html

Gary

Gary Ng, PhD             <gary.ng@networkinference.com>
Network Inference Ltd.,
5963 La Place Court, Suite 300
Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA. Tel: +1 760 476 0650