[PORT] Documents for discussion at SWBP F2F

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:47:51 +0100
To: "'public-swbp-wg@w3.org'" <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all (& cc. public-esw-thes),

At the SWBP F2F I would like to discuss the following documents:

 (1) SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification
 (2) SKOS Core Guide

---
The latest version of the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification is at:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/

This document provides a summary and overview of the current state of the
SKOS Core vocabulary.

I had previously suggested the spec would be ready for publication as a
working draft immediately following the F2F (with any required amendments).
However, I am currently thinking that we should hold back a formal
announcement of this document for 2-3 weeks or so.  This is for two reasons:
firstly we could announce it together with the guide; secondly it would give
us time to move many of the newly added SKOS Core terms from an 'unstable'
to a 'testing' status, and to move some of the older SKOS Core terms from a
'testing' to a 'stable' status.

N.B. there are also a couple of proposals under discussion on
public-esw-thes that have not been actioned, and so are not reflected in the
vocab spec, but will hopefully be ready to go within the next 2-3 weeks.

---
The latest version of the SKOS Core Guide is at:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/guide/

This really is a *first draft*!! i.e. I just scraped this together from what
was on the SkosDev wiki.  So I'm sure there'll be lot's to talk about re
this document ;)

---

That's all,

Al.