[xsch] a proposal to restructure the note

From: <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:37:20 -0500 (EST)
To: pan@cs.man.ac.uk, jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Jeremy,

I propose that we break the note you are writing into two parts.  One
part containing the discussion for naming user defined datatypes and
another which covers value space issues.  It seems to me that the
former issue is essentially a question of choosing a syntax whereas
the latter issue potentially requires sorting out mathematical,
computational, and engineering views of valuetypes into a single
coherent model.  I am worried that packaging these two concerns
together will arbitrarily link their life cycles, and thus potentially
delay the much needed solution for user defined datatype names.

-Evan

Evan K. Wallace
NIST