[OEP] n-ary relations and topic maps

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ontopia.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:20:30 +0100
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

It strikes me that the n-ary relations document[1] has a relationship
with the work of the RDFTM task force[2], since topic map associations
are inherently n-ary relations (where n > 0). This means that the
RDFTM task force will need to consider:

 a) how to convert binary and n-ary relations from RDF to topic maps,

 b) how to represent binary and n-ary relations converted from topic
    maps in RDF.

Given this I think it makes sense for these two activities to be
coordinated somehow, though how to do that within the W3C framework I
have no idea.

Thoughts, anyone?

[1] <URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-swbp-n-aryRelations-20040721/ >
[2] <URL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/RDFTM/ >