[PORT] RE: working around the identity crisis

From: Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:04:30 +0100
To: "Alistair Miles" <a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "SWBPD list" <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi Alistair,

It was good to meet you in Bristol and I look forward
to working with you on the RDFTM Task Force. Hopefully
it will be approved during the Thursday telecon.

I haven't had time to study the SKOS spec yet, but I
know that you have a property for subjectIndicator in
there.

I just want to give you a heads-up that my current
thinking is that having a special property may not be
the optimal way of adding subject indicators (and hence
Published Subjects) to RDF. I am tending toward the idea
that a *class* defining the concept of "information
resource" (as a subclass of "resource") may be a better
way to go.

This is of course one of the issues that needs to be
addressed in RDFTM but I thought I'd let you know now
in case your deadlines for SKOS require us to try and
get that discussion going immediately.

Best regards,

Steve

--