W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > May 2004

meeting record: 2004-05-13 SWBPD Telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:42:53 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20040514154154.0218ba78@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org


                                   SWBPD WG
                                  13 May 2004

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Nick Gibbins, Ralph Swick, Alistair Miles, David Norheim,
          Gary Ng, Jeremy Carroll, Evan Wallace, Natasha Noy,
          Alan Rector, Bernard Vatant

   Regrets
          Fabien Gandon, Libby Miller, Thomas Baker,
          Jacco van_Ossenbruggen, Jim Hendler, Deb McGuinness,
          Mike Uschold, Benjamin Nguyen, Aldo Gangemi

   Chair
          Ralph

   Scribe
          Ralph

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Item Review
         2. Task Force reports
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________

   previous:
   [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0170.html

   PROPOSED to accept 0170

   RESOLVED

Action Item review

   ACTION Ralph will list future dates and times for the telecons on the
   web site
   - done, through 24 June
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Current

   ACTION Mike to post a proposal to the list on the syntax to use in
   notes and email

   done:
   [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0197.html

   ACTION Guus to contribute a pattern on quantities for May 27th telecon
   continue

   ACTION Guus to contribute a pattern on qualified-cardinality
   restriction for May 27th telecon
   continue

   ACTION Deborah to write a pattern on closing roles by June 10th
   telecon
   continue

   ACTION Jeremey to check with Jos if he is participating in the XSCH TF
   done; Jos intends to participate

   ACTION Ralph to add completed and "under consideration" TFs to the
   description on the web page
   ([10]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Tasks)
   continue

   ACTION Ralph to talk with the chair of the XML Schema WG to invite
   them to join the XSCH TF
   continue

   ACTION Ralph and Jeremy to update XSCH TF description
   Jeremy: there is an update but another update is needed
   continue

   ACTION Aldo to forward comments from the WN group to the list
   continue

   ACTION Aldo to review the progress in the WN TF at the next telecon
   (May 13th)
   done [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0217.html

   ACTION Aldo to forward comments from the WN group to the list
   done

   ACTION Aldo to review the progress in the WN TF at the next telecon
   (May 13th)
   Ralph proposes this be withdrawn

   ACTION Aldo to discuss a plan for the May 27th discussion on WN at the
   next telecon (May 13th)
   Ralph proposes this be withdrawn

   ACTION Alistair, using the SKOS note as a strawman, to discuss how to
   adapt it to a WG note
   related:
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0209.html
   continue

   Alistair: I reviewed some papers, will post a message in the next week.
   I expect to post a 2-part note: descriptions of schema and how to use
   it, and notes from Amsterdam groups

   ACTION DanBri to propose a short-term paln for the THES TF
   continue

   ACTION DanBri to give access to TF homepage to Alistair
   continue

   ACTION Guus read bernard's e-mail with draft TMAP msg
   continue

   ACTION Evan to report on the status of the UML profile for ontologies
   in June
   continue; won't be done until June

   ACTION Jim report back on short-term plan for World Task Force.
   done:
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0057.html

   ACTION Libby and Brian propose repository for apps based on
   test-repository
   related:
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0048.html
   continue

   ACTION Guus set up link from SWBP home to page to "tips and tricks"
   continue

   ACTION Aldo organize 30 min TF discussion on WNET for next telecon.
   done:
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0075.html

Task Force reports

   OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns

   Natasha: close-to-final draft of classes-as-values posted yesterday
   ... n-ary relations draft is under discussion, will probably be revised
   next week

   Jeremy: felt that the proposed publication was a little premature, but
   also value in publishing early and often
   ...haven't yet reached consensus on n-ary draft
   ...would like first publication to give an explicit view to a second
   publication
   ...level of consensus ought to be documented, but does not have to be
   complete

   Bernard: concerning public review, can we include testimonials or
   other real-world comments about applications?
   ...I have two real-world applications where classes as values are
   critical

   ACTION: Ralph provide W3C style pointers to Natasha

   THES - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL

   (no representative)

   WordNET

   (no representative)

   WRLD - World View

   Jeremy: I will get an HP response to Jim's message
   ...HP is still considering this issue

   DavidN: at the moment I sort-of agree with Jim, but it is important
   that WRLD get going at some point

   XSCH - XML Schema Datatypes

   Jeremy: since last meeting we have a fairly good membership from the
   WG
   ...Pat Hayes and Jos are intending to participate
   ...interaction with the XML Schema WG is main issue

   [Ralph confesses to fumbling that ball]

   next meeting: 27 May, 1800Z

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph provide W3C style pointers to Natasha
     _________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl 1.76 ([17]CVS
    log)
    $Date: 2004/04/28 22:00:42 $

References

   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0063.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2004/05/13-swbp-irc
   7. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0170.html
   8. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Current
   9. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0197.html
  10. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Tasks
  11. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0217.html
  12. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0209.html
  13. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0057.html
  14. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0048.html
  15. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0075.html
  16. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribe.perl
  17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/scribe.perl
Received on Friday, 14 May 2004 15:48:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:11 GMT