Semantic Web & XML Schema Datatypes: informal get together in NY?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:11:46 +0200
To: <w3c-xml-schema-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "SWBPD" <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

the relatively new Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment Working Group,
has started a task force with the remit of looking at:
- the relationship between the value spaces of the primitive simple types,
when used in the Semantic Web
- in RDF and OWL, what URIs can be used for user-defined XS simple types.

The current draft task force description is found at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0199

(pending edits are: add Evan Wallace and Pat Hayes as TF members, add test
cases to the deliverables - note the '2 additional from XML Schema WG' is
indicative not intended as a limitation)

We agreed to formally invite you to participate, but I believe that
invitation has no yet been made ... :(

However, given that some of the TF participants and potential participants
will be at WWW2004 in New York next week, it seems like a good opportunity
to get the ball rolling.

I think it would be good for participants and potential participants in such
a task force to get together informally to discuss what we might do, and to
try and understand where we are all coming from. I am imagining a discussion
over a beer one evening, or a BoF table one lunch time ...

(I see that many of you are already in the area for your F2F, I will be
getting in Monday evening, which would hence be the earliest I can do)

Jeremy