Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question

But that says that the value of dc:creator is the String "PhD Thesis" not
the class PhdThesis, which is what Bernard asked for.

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/

Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Sent by: public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
03/22/2004 01:17 PM

Christopher Welty/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, SWBPD
<public-swbp-wg@w3.org>, public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
Subject
Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question

I was not at all clear that this needed classes as instances...

e.g.

<owl:Class rdf:ID="PhDThesis">
   <owl:equivalentClass>
       <owl:Restriction>
          <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&dc;subject"/>
          <owl:hasValue>PhD Thesis</owl:hasValue>
       </owl:Restriction>
    </owl:equivalentClass>
</owl:Class>

Then the values of the properties relate to classes ...

Jeremy