ALL: Introduction: Jen Golbeck

From: Jennifer Golbeck <golbeck@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:21:44 -0500 (EST)
To: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi, all,

I'm Jen Golbeck, a PhD student working with Jim Hendler at the University
of Maryland, College Park. I did my undergraduate and masters work at
the University of Chicago. My dissertation research project is on
inferring trust in web based social networks[1], and I'm involved in a
variety of other semantic web projects.

My main interest in this group comes from the experience I have writing
and converting ontologies. The biggest of those is the NCI Cancer ontology
[2]. I'm looking forward to working with the ontology engineering patterns
task force and the group as a whole.

jen

[1] The trust project: http://trust.mindswap.org
[2] The NCI Cancer Ontology: http://www.mindswap.org/2003/CancerOntology