From: public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Christopher Welty
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:30 PM
To: Alan Rector; pat hayes
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org; public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
Subject: [OPEN] new member invitations

Alan, Pat,

At the f2f, we formed a task force within the working group called
"Ontology Patterns and Engineering" (OPEN) which will focus on
publishing ontology design patterns and general "meta ontological" (for
lack of a better term) design principles (the notion of a "backbone
taxonomy" for example).  Current members are Deborah McGuinness, Aldo
Gangemi, Oscar Corcho, and Mike Uschold.  And me.

We agreed at the f2f to TRY and put [OPEN] in the subject line for task
force communication, and members will be expected to write and review
some patterns/design principles.

I think you two would be very good additions to the group.  I'm not sure
there is any formal membership process for task forces (Guus - is
there???), but I suppose it would be useful for us to know who considers
themselves to be participants - so please let us know if you'll join.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/