From: Deborah L. McGuinness [mailto:dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:59 AM
To: Guus Schreiber
Cc: SWBPD list
Subject: Re: [ALL] 2nd ftf location/date poll

i do not know if this would make a difference but ralph mentioned in the

last telecon that he was going to add in the answers that people
provided on the email list to the location vote.  (some people responded

to an email request for input but did not vote in the online straw
poll).   i thought he might have added them to the vote but  i could not

tell that that happened.

you might just double check if that makes a difference.

also on location, i had understood that we have a priority to distribute

meetings and in particular with respect to the united states,
i understood our plan would be to have one f2f location on the east
coast of the united states and one on the west coast.
thus if you we choose an east coast location for the next meeting, we
should remember that the next us location would be a west coast choice.

please make sure this is factored in when making location proposals.
just as one last data point  for hosting at stanford, it is simple to
get rooms during the summer at almost any time but during the school
year, it takes significantly more lead time to get a room.  it is easy
to get a room on a weekend however.

thanks,
Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Associate Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory