From: Natasha Noy [mailto:noy@smi.stanford.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:28 PM
To: Yoshio FUKUSHIGE
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: on the treatment of certainty (in "Defining N-ary Relations
on the Semantic Web: Use With Individuals")

Dear Yoshio,

Your discussion of different treatment of probabilities is very
interesting. While I don't think it is quite relevant to the note on
n-ary relations -- the goal of that note was to discuss something
different and we used probability just as an example -- it may be
useful to have a set of design patterns for different ways to treat
probabilities and uncertainty in RDF and OWL. Perhaps, we can have a
separate note specifying patterns for this? Folks on OEP TF, what do
you think? If people find it generally  useful, Yoshio, would you be
interested in contributing such a note?

> "It seems with high probability that Christine has breast tumor."

This is the interpretation that we had in mind.

Natasha