Re: [ANN] Working drafts by SW Best Practices group -- request for comments

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:33:52 +0200
To: Natasha Noy <noy@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Natasha Noy wrote:
> Actually, I think it is more awkward. Having Simba both as an instance
> and a subclass of Animal is awkward at best. In some, very rare,
> circumstances, you could argue that that's what you want (in fact, I've
> done that myself [1]), but it complicates things significantly, and
> probably shouldn't be done unless you absolutely have to.

It may complicate things from a theoretical point of view, but I would
argue that it solves the problem with a minimum amount of triples, and
without creating a maintenance problem or loosing expressive power.

Looks like we are heading for a computer science versa software
engineering discussion :-)