Comments: Representing specified values in OWL

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:08:46 +0200
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

My comment is editorial, essentially.

In the current examples the fact that ':johns_health', or ':John' are
individuals, ie, of type OWL:Thing, can only be deduced by reading the
text. The code itself only says that, for example:

:johns_health a :Good_health_value.

*IF* I know that all code here refers to OWL DL, then, of course one can
deduce that :johns_health is an OWL:Thing, because we cannot have
classes of classes. But the text does not say that, and this fact cannot
be inferred if I use OWL Full. I think adding this explicitly to the
examples may be better

Of course, the RDF/XML code will make it clearer, but it might be better
to add it to the current code, too, IMHO.

Trivial typo: in variant 1 of Pattern 1, :John should be on a new line...

Thanks

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman