A simple exercise (was RE : philosophy of SWBPD (was Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question)

Re,

Sorry but i can't resist :

	Reacting to my own mail i think that as at least Jim (i hope)
believe that there is at least two distinct context : SWC and OEC where
we can "think" about the buildind ontology process, a good exercice
could be to have an Ontology, describing such things. For example are
SWC and OEC two Context subclasses ? is SWC a subclass of OEC or does it
exist a property "part-of"with SWC-partOf-OEC, is a SW application a
subclass of WebApplication which is a subclass of Application, does it
exist a boolean (functional?)property "has-reasoning-task" with a
(hasValue=True) ? etc...

	this is tipically the kind of problem, which has strongly to
deal with semantic, that we want to be able to
	describe with languages like OWL,

	Perhaps that a guideline with an introduction including an
Ontology which can clearly explain the scope of the document
	and the way we see the overall subject could be a great way to
promote SW techniques and to show that it's very powerful and that we
really know the topics we are talking about. It would be a sort of
Meta-process ?

So, appart the fact to know if it is a useful exercise, do you think
that we are able to do it ?

thanks

Best regards

Marco NANNI