RE: Self-descriptive assertions

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:59:31 +0100
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Cc: public-sw-meaning@w3.org

Hello Mark,

> FWIW, here's one example of that observation that's relevant
> to this discussion of media types;
>
> http://www.markbaker.ca/2004/01/XmlDispatchTest/

wrt to tests 4 and 5: Can you reference a spec(s) that 1) require the
retrieved representation to be processed using the associated stylesheet, 2)
that attribute a media-type to the result of such a transformation and 3)
require that the result of the transformation be displayed in place of the
original representation. I have so far failed to find any (including
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/).

AFAICT the result of the transformations have no associated media-type (or
other representation metadata for that matter). I'd suggest that the
identity transform used is not quite an identity transform wrt to the
representation as a whole.

Ta,

Stuart