RE: Web of speech-acts?

http://www.imm.dtu.dk/pubdb/views/publication_details.php?id=880
Is a masters thesis titled "Speech Acts and Agents" by Hans Madsen Pedersen.
It is not based on Semantic Web technology, but very relevant.

From the abstract:
"This thesis presents a formal model of speech act based conversations
between autonomous agents. Our model is based on the basic ideas of
speech act theory presented by John Searle.

Speech act theory describes the pragmatics (use) of communication between
humans from a language/action perspective and considers language is a tool
for performing actions. Our approach is focused on the social aspect of
agents, where communication is considered as a public phenomenon shared
among a group of interacting agents in a social context. Our model considers
speech acts on two different social levels. At the first level, we formalize
communication in terms of the obligations created by language actions in a
given social context, e.g. a conversation. Obligations may be proposed,
accepted, retracted, cancelled and fulfilled due to speech acts. We also
formalize some concrete examples of speech act based conversations. At the
social level two, our model is extended with the notions of social role power
relations and agent authority relations. One of our aims is to formalize that
the effect (semantics) of speech acts depends on the social context in which
they are used. Our formalization is based on a subset of the Z specification
language."

John Black