Re: No Standard Semantic Web Pragmatics?

John Black wrote:

> I think it is ironic somehow that one of the most popular RDF
> vocabularies is Dublin Core, and one of the most common examples
> is dc:creator. There is a reason for this. It is considered nearly
> universally important to have a standard way for identifying the
> authors of web pages. Why not for RDF statements? Perhaps that
> could be our fourth (Dan's?) view, all RDF can include a self-
> referential dc:creator tag.

Instead of a fourth component of a tuple, this can be considered to
belong to the subgraph-identification problem.  Once there is a
standard, blessed, practical way to refer to a particular subgraph, any
amount of meta data can be associated with it, and a specific statement
would be a minimal subgraph.  Then any of the kinds of things mentioned
in this thread could be associated with a particular subgraph.

Cheers

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)