RE: Comment on "Meaning and the Semantic Web"

[snip]

> I notice you don't address my reply to your distortions. I
> defy you to
> find support for your scenario in anything  I've written in
> this forum
> or in our poster.

Probably seems like beating a dead horse, but some of your charges
against me are pretty nasty... Also, as further evidence that my
motives in my scenario were more on topic than you give me credit for,
I'll cite your email
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sw-meaning/2004Jun/0005.html
where you say, '"Everyone can say anything about anything"...'
in support of my scenario.
'Everyone' is broad enough to cover You and Peter and search agents,
'anything' would include the disagreements I listed, and 'anything'
covers the offensive speech I fantasized you responding to. Defy met.

My point is that there is a whole class of agents, e.g., search
agents, aggregator agents, republisher agents, reporter agents,
pollster agents, researcher agents, analyzer agents, investigator
agents, etc., for which this total freedom should not apply.
For those agents to 'opt out' of respecting the meanings of
the URI owners whose statements they are harvesting would be
technically and morally wrong.

John